2017/18 Statistics Creative-Writing Competition for Secondary School Students
This competition is co-organised by the Hong Kong Statistical Society and the Education Bureau.
The key objectives of the competition are:
- to raise the interest of students in statistics and its application; and
- to encourage students to creatively express in words the daily application of statistical concepts or put statistical concepts into a story in a scientific and objective manner.
A junior section is firstly introduced for students attending secondary 1 to 2 in this round of competition. Participants may use the examples in the articles of newspapers, magazines or other news media to illustrate the misuse of statistics. For details, please refer to the Rules and Regulations.
2017/18 Announcement of shortlisted entries for senior section
- The list of shortlisted entries for senior section can be downloaded here.
- Participants of shortlisted entries for senior section will be invited to attend an interview held on 19 May 2018 (Saturday).
- All shortlisted participants of senior section must attend the interview. Shortlisted participants of senior section who fail to attend the interview would be disqualified.
2017/18 Briefing Seminar on 21 October 2017 (Saturday)
- Introduction of rules and adjudication criteria (Chinese only)
- Introduction of the concept of “dispersion”
2016/17 Prize Presentation Ceremony on 24 June 2017