2016/17 Statistics Creative-Writing Competition for Secondary School Students
This competition is co-organised by the Hong Kong Statistical Society and the Education Bureau.
The key objectives of the competition are:
- to raise the interest of students in statistics and its application; and
- to encourage students to creatively express in words the daily application of statistical concepts or put statistical concepts into a story in a scientific and objective manner.
2016/17 Announcement of winning entries and presentation of prizes
- Results of winning entries can be downloaded here. Award winners will also be informed via their schools.
- The prize presentation ceremony will be held at Hong Kong Federation of Youth Groups Building, North Point, on 24 June 2017 (Saturday). The details will be announced on Hong Kong Statistical Society website ( http://www.hkss.org.hk ).
- Award winners must attend the ceremony. Award winners who cannot attend the ceremony should send representatives to receive the prizes on their behalf.
2016/17 Briefing Seminar on 22 Oct 2016
- Introduction of rules and adjudication criteria (Chinese only)
- Introduction of the concept of “discrete probability distribution” (Chinese only)
2015/16 Prize Presentation Ceremony on 25 June 2016
2016/17 Announcement of shortlisted entries